Purdue Football Stadium – Ross Ade Stadium
Ross Ade Stadium, formerly Purdue Stadium, is the home field of the Purdue University Boilermakers. Ross Ade Stadium is located on the Purdue campus in West Lafayette, Indiana. The stadium is named for David E. Ross and George Ade, the principal benefactors.
Ross Ade Stadium opened on November 22, 1924 with a seating capacity of 13,500 and standing room for an additional 5,000 people. A series of additions and renovations pushed the seating capacity to 70,000. In 2001 Purdue University began a $70 million dollar renovation, which led to a reduced seating capacity of 62,500.